Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bye 2011, Hello 2012


























































12 Photos, 12 months and a new year around the corner. 


Wish I could sum up and tell you everything that happened in my 2011 in just 12 photos. Not an easy thing, but these photos certainly hold a special meaning in my heart. 


I have no resolutions for the new year. All I know is that I am very proud to be the person I was in 2011 and I know in my heart that I will be just a better 'me' in 2012. 


Just some things, I find myself thinking with the advent of the new year, a new chapter: 


* I will nourish my body, my soul and people around me. 
* I will find ordinary more beautiful. 
* I will hear more stories of success, commitment and strength. 
* I will truly prioritise between the 'real' friends and the 'social' friends. 
* I will look for more ways to be inspired and creative than ever before. 
* I will be a little easy on myself. 
* I will take more chances and laugh at myself more than I do. 
* Something that never changes - I will love more. 
* I will remember “The best answer for a fool is silence.”
* I will start a "Love Series" on this blog. 


At this point my spirit can be defined by one of my all time favourite poems, by Maya Angelou - so fierce and majestic. Grabs me every time I read her work...and more so, she ignites my old love for writing poetry. May be that's also in store for 2012. ;) 


   Still I Rise 
  
  You may write me down in history
  With your bitter, twisted lies,
  You may trod me in the very dirt
  But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.


Wish you all a very Happy New Year. Welcoming the new year is one thing and living it up for next 364 days is another. The latter is the challenge and the excitement that I am looking forward to. 

Welcome 2012, It'll be just awesome to meet you. 

11 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photographs (and a very powerful poem--thanks for sharing)! Wish you an awesome 2012, Neha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you to too GB. Keep in touch. Look forward to more of your work in 2012 - here's to a creative 2012 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful set of photographs..and really liked the resolutions too...and Maya Angelou's poetry is indeed moving.
    A Truly Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sandeep. Happy new year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pics & this particular Maya Angelou poem is very close to my heart! :)I'm so glad I came here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Vineeta - hope to see you soon again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neha, you take lovely photos! Loved reading your post and more of your blog too...:)
    Wish you a very happy new year 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neha,wish you a Happy New Year too..Actually my Brother Sandeep told me about this particular post of yours.Loved this and the resolutions and the images...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lakshmi :) happy new year !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! the more pages I view..the more I am intrigued by your skill at capturing light and colour as darting in and out! Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and dropping me a note. I truly appreciate it. Keep in touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...