Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Japan in Australia

'Matsuri' or Japanese festival was recently held just around the corner where I live.  
Beautiful Japanese girls in their beautiful kimonos, 


Japanese Art groups...

Lovely handmade ceramics... ( I loved it !!!!!!) 


Competition of painting the Japanese Umbrellas....


Amazing display of strength and skill at Taekwondo performance.....


Origami...( got more inspired to learn ... I have been planning to do this for a while !)


Of course..the poise of Japanese beauties... 


Japanese Calligraphy... or Shodo






..lots of laughs..

...and these drummers group called 'Taiko' were simply spectacular.
I just could not get enough of their performance and music. What a thunder they brought to the air...magical !! 




That's another reason I love Australia - so many people from variety of backgrounds adopt this country and make it their home...and as a result make it so exciting and colourful. 

We learn and grow together, eat different food, share each other's stories, exchange the experiences and live a rich life. 

Thank you Australia ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and dropping me a note. I truly appreciate it. Keep in touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...